Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Monday, January 09, 2006

My Little Corner of the World

Lest you sit around wondering where my blog title derives from, I will put your anxious thoughts at ease. Inspired by the Gilmore girls, it comes from the song “My Little Corner of the World” by Yo La Tengo. It’s a simple song, but one that resonates with my heart. If I knew how to post a sound bite, I’d offer you a taste. Since I’m new to this blog scene, I’ll just post the words:

Come along with me to my little corner of the world
Dream a little dream in my little corner of the world
You'll soon forget that there's any other place
Tonight, my love, we'll share a sweet embrace

And if you care to stay in my little corner of the world
We could hide away in my little corner of the world
I always knew that I'd find someone like you
So welcome to my little corner of the world

And if you care to stay in our little corner of the world
We could hide away in our little corner of the world
We always knew that we'd find someone like you
So welcome to our little corner of the world


Confession: I adore the Gilmore Girls. I’m not sure if it’s the Pallandino team’s amazing writing abilities; Lauren Graham’s perfect comedic delivery; the Stars Hollow world; or Lauren Graham’s amAzing wardrobe (confession #2: I try and model my own wardrobe after hers!) that I love the most. But, I’m definitely a fan. I think it borders a little on the obsessive.

Is it silly that a 32-year old single woman has a nearly obsessive fascination with a TV show??? Does it reveal a shocking lack of productive social life??? As far as I know, no cats have shown up on my doorstep…although many other types of animals and, yes, reptiles have made appearances in my backyard…

2 Comments:

Girlfriend!! You are awesome! I can't wait to read your thoughts on life -- both serious and fun. :-) I miss you tons and wish you all the best in this new writing adventure...

By Blogger Jill Pole, at January 09, 2006 5:36 PM  

Thanks, my friend. I'm excited to join your own journeys. You've inspired me. I'm waiting anxiously for your new post.

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at January 10, 2006 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home