Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Concerned Aunt


I received a phone call a few hours ago from sister who lives in Florida. She is expecting with my niece around the end of April. Last week she was put on bed rest due to rising blood pressure and the doctors feared preeclampsia. After running all the tests, she was cleared of that. So, that's a praise for sure! However, despite a solid week of laying around in bed, her blood pressure's still on the rise!

So she's currently settling in for a few days in the hospital so the doctors can watch her closely and see if they can't get the blood pressure to come down with meds. As well, they're trying to beef up the baby's lungs with steriods just in case they have to deliver her early. She's at week 33 so they hope to get her to at least between weeks 36-38.

In any case, my heart is full of concern for my family at this moment. If you're passing through I'd sure appreciate your prayers for my little sis and niece! And, that maybe Aunt Blythe will be okay being so far away from her during this time!!

4 Comments:

you, your niece, your sister and the doctors are most certainly in my prayers.

By Blogger Manda, at March 08, 2006 4:41 PM  

Thanks!

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at March 08, 2006 10:15 PM  

Update?? How are things going with T. and Baby??

By Blogger Jill Pole, at March 09, 2006 1:25 PM  

The Update...
My mom called and it looks like her blood pressure is coming down but only stays down when she's actually in bed. It looks like she'll get to go home on Friday possibly but she'll be put on bed rest for the entirety of the pregnancy. I heard they're talking c-section. I imagine that they'll wait as long as they can to give the baby the most time she needs to develop...maybe see if they can go another 3 weeks?

So, sounds good for now! I'm encouraged. I know the Lord is in control! Sure appreciate the prayers...

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at March 09, 2006 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home