Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Night at the Oscars

Four gal pals came over and joined me for a night in front of the television for one of our favorite events of the year. Here’s a summary of our highs and lows for the evening…

High
Jon Stewart. We admire his wit and courage…who else can insult you and still look so charming?

High
Ben Stiller as Green Screen Man. Just Ha-larious.

Low
When Philip Seymour Hoffman won for Capote over Joaquin Phoenix. “Joaquin just was Johnny Cash. He put his heart and soul into it. And, he’s just so darn easy on the eyes.” (That’s the verbatim consensus.)

High
Reese Witherspoon wins Best Actress for Walk the Line. Cheers went up in the room. We couldn’t be more proud of our little southern gal.

Low
The film montages…for some reason we never could understand what they were about. However, it could be that we switched to watching episodes of season one of The Office during them…

High
Crash wins Best Picture!!!! You could have knocked us over! We were sure that Brokeback would walk away with it! Crash was truly these gals’ favorite film of the year! Again, cheers throughout. (“Raise your hand if you weren’t in Crash.” Jon, you’re so cute.) Couldn't think of a better way to end an evening.