Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Confession


I just wasted an hour and half of a Saturday morning watching Down to You on television. I don't know what it is about cheezy, angst-driven young adult movies that can so easily suck me in. Maybe it's that I have a secret fascination for Freddie Prinze, Jr. (he always seems to star in these mundane script/plotless wonders). In any case, there's an hour and a half of my life that I won't get back.

Bummer.

3 Comments:

One of my favorite thoughts right now is "Nothing Wasted." Even our "bummer" conclusions can be turned into curiosity. Curiosity leads us back to our hearts. A good place to be. Relax and enjoy your weekend, Blythe! Looking forward to the shared cup of coffee.

By Blogger alethea, at March 04, 2006 2:37 PM  

Have you seen Down to You???? Lol. No, really, I understand what you mean about curiosity. I just like stories that have some meat to them...even the "lesser" stories. This one just didn't "meat up" to my expectations. Probably just says that my heart was looking to be filled by something else rather than Jesus...

I can't wait til coffee talk! Will you be in town during your Spring Break? Maybe Jill and I can meet up with you...

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at March 04, 2006 3:41 PM  

If you are in M-town during the week days, our paths could very well cross. Jill and I can talk and compare schedules.

By Blogger alethea, at March 05, 2006 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home