Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Friday, March 10, 2006

He looks like I feel...

Well, it's been nothing short of crazy the past few days in getting ready to take our students to the mountains of New Mexico. It's been a tradition in our ministry for over 35 years to take students with us to a conference that focuses in on helping them further cultivate their walk with Jesus and be exposed to a lot of practical content from a number of godly older men and women.

As for me, I'm finally packed although looking at all of the stuff to be loaded into the car tomorrow morning, it seems like I've packed everything but the kitchen sink! And, yes, a fresh pound of coffee beans and grinder are ready for some mornings in New Mexico and the fun coffee mug for the week has been picked. Despite a nine hour car ride, I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my dear friend who's soon to be married. As well, it should be a good week to catch up with some people that I hardly get to see much these days since our lives tend to often go in different directions even though we live in the same town!

In any case, it's time for this pooped pickle to be heading to bed...