Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Good grief, I’m hooked. Again.

Because my ministry “job” has been on pause since university doesn’t begin until next Tuesday, AND because I’m “recuperating” with a little hibernation since being bogged down in the details of a large-scale conference that just culminated last week, I decided to treat myself to checking out another TV series I’ve heard a lot of praise about.

House, M.D. In a nutshell, I’m hooked. In the first 10 minutes of watching, it was a “you had me at ‘hello’” kind of moment. If I didn’t have the rest of the series in the Netflix queue, I probably would have gone out tonight and bought it! (I won’t tell you how many other series I’ve done that with.) It will join a number of other series that I’m currently watching. And, well, just in case you’re wondering what a hip, single, campus minister in Oklahoma is watching, I’ll fill you in:
  • Gilmore girls
  • Veronica Mars
  • Lost
  • Alias
  • Related
  • What Not to Wear (cause the girl has got to stay hip)
Previous shows of noteworthy interest within roughly the last 7 years:
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • Angel
  • Tru Calling
  • Friends
  • Roswell
  • 24 (I know it’s current but I’ve only watched the first season)
I kind of like shows that are a little bit different than some of the normal fare. (Normal to me being The West Wing or CSI or ER.) I typically stay away from the crime scene dramas, most sit-coms from the late-90s til present (I hung in there with Friends), and reality TV. Just thinking of reality TV makes me throw up a little in the back of my throat.

Anyway…House, M.D. has captivated me. I hope the rest of the season lives up to the first four episodes.

4 Comments:

I watch a little bit of a lot. There's nothing I'm just absolutley hooked on, last semester it would've been Lost, but this semester that's unfortunately a no-go.
Glad to hear you've been able to recuperate some!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 11, 2006 10:15 PM  

Hey my friend! That surprises me about Lost! Why has it failed to capture you? I really have enjoyed Lost this season. Well, if you're up for a new-go, try House. I think you'll like it.

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at January 12, 2006 9:14 AM  

Woo Hoo! I knew you'd love House! :-) Isn't Greg just a beautiful disaster? (I love that oxyomron...the song isn't too bad either.) He is so broken and so compelling. What episode are you on now?

By Blogger Jill Pole, at January 13, 2006 6:07 AM  

I have to say that I really love Greg. He totally mystifies me in a good way. I love well-drawn and totally complex characters. I just finished ep 10 "Histories." I cried.

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at January 13, 2006 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home