Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Flirt 'em to Jesus?

One of things we're working on with the group of students that myself and another couple work with on a weekly basis is sharing Christ with the relationships that He puts in our everday sphere. We're reading The Insider by Jim Petersen together and trying to implement its ideas. And as a team, we've committed to figuring out specific initiatives we can take toward these people He puts into our lives and actually do them.

Because it seems that I live in ministry bubble at times, I've been trying to apply this to really taking initiative with the people the Lord crosses my path with at the certain places I frequent. While not at all a normal part of my routine, today I had to make a stop at the UPS store. Braced with my resolve to take initiatives with people I approached the UPS clerk trying to actively engage him in conversation. We had a lot of fun just chatting and asking each other questions and I'm thinking, "This is great. I can do this initiative thing!"

But it was as I was driving away that I also remembered a segment that ran on The Today Show this morning: "Tips for Flirting." Huh. It hit me that the poor UPS guy might have just thought I was flirting with him.

Oh, dear.

3 Comments:

So, some interesting thots about flirting. Hmmm. Do you recommend the book? I have started it (but in German) and we're thinking about using it with our group later... ??

thanks for what you shared about painful packages...

By Blogger martha, at February 06, 2006 3:11 AM  

did you do the "bend and snap"? cause if you did, you might have just caught your own UPS man! ;)

By Blogger Holly, at February 07, 2006 8:39 AM  

I miss your writing!! I need my daily fix of Blythe!! :- ) :-)

By Blogger Jill Pole, at February 09, 2006 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home