Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Friday, January 27, 2006

Pink Panther Marathon

A fond memory from my childhood was my father's enjoyment of the Pink Panther movies (and any soundtrack Henry Mancini). Because of that, I seem to remember getting up on Saturday mornings and watching the cartoon on tv. (Ah...Saturday morning cartoons and Honeycomb cereal. Those were the days!)

Anyway, since the new Pink Panther is getting ready to release in the next 2 weeks (and by the trailer it looks to be pretty funny), I moved the first two movies in the series along with A Shot in the Dark (another Inspector Clouseau flick) to the top of my Netflix queue. I forgot how funny the understated physical comedy of Peter Sellers is! I had some deep, good laughs. Something I definitely needed after a long, emotionally draining week.

"I believe everything and I believe nothing. I suspect everyone and I suspect no one. I gather the facts, examine the clues. And before you know it -- the case is solved! Oh, yes, there is much here that does not meet the eye." -- Inspecter Clouseau

4 Comments:

Is there something about Peter Sellers and Dads?? My Dad thinks he's hi-larious. I'm not sure I've ever really gotten the humor. (Of course, the last time I watched him I was probably nine years old...) Maybe I'll have to check out the originals.

By Blogger Jill Pole, at January 28, 2006 10:18 AM  

I know. I wouldn't say that he's hilarious in my estimation of hilarious...but it's the way he carries out taking himself seriously and the comedy of the ridiculous in his behavior.

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at January 28, 2006 10:20 AM  

Just confirming that there IS something mysterious about TPP movies and dads. My dad laughs so hard during these movies he wheezes. I have loved the movies for that reason. I love when my dad laughs that hard.

By Blogger alethea, at January 30, 2006 8:41 AM  

Yes! I love it, too, when my dad laughs like that! Makes me feel good.

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at January 30, 2006 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home