Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Did Curiosity Really Kill the Cat???

Thanks to a recent post of friend of a friend, I stumbled upon this article earlier today ("Curiosity: Answering the Knock of Relationship") written by one of her seminary professors. All day long it has continued to stir my heart, invoking new questions for my consideration...
  • Do I venture forth in my relationship with Jesus in a way that invites His curiosity of my own heart? Do I pursue Him with same curiosity?
  • Am I curious about myself for the sake of being transformed more and more into Christlikeness?
  • Am I curious about others in a way that invites them into similar transformation?
It's subject is a constant theme of conversation with my deepest of heart friends. If you're curious, have a read.

2 Comments:

I'm so happy you found that article! I've experienced so much freedom/renewal from the ideas EmmaHouse invites me to consider. Ideas like becoming a person of curiosity and invitation. It's refreshing to the soul.

By Blogger alethea, at January 31, 2006 9:44 PM  

Okay - so I had a funny moment. I read this article and enjoyed the process. I was reading and thinking about the story the author is telling and thinking through the issues presented. Then I got to the end and thought, "Huh. I wonder who wrote this." I scroll back up to the top and find...Liam wrote it! :-) I laughed out loud. I should have known. It sounded like him. I just wasn't expecting an article from him on your blog. :-) What a fun discovery!

By Blogger Jill Pole, at February 01, 2006 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home