Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Good to Hear the Rain

It's raining today in my little corner of the world. As I was sitting in my little chair, drinking my coffee and sharing my heart with Jesus I noticed the soft and steady thump, thump of a much needed rain. Really such a comforting sound after months of drought...and so reflective of where my heart is found by Jesus in the last week. His word to my heart has been a constant refreshment to a wounded heart. Today as we visited, He reminded me of a favorite psalm:
Those who look to Him are radiant with joy; their faces will never be ashamed. This poor man cried, and the LORD heard [him] and saved him from all his troubles. The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him, and rescues them. Taste and see that the LORD is good. How happy is the man who takes refuge in Him! (Ps. 34:5-8)
Taste and see that the Lord is good. So thankful for the invitation. So thankful that I've tasted. So thankful that He is who He says He is. So thankful that I've experienced His goodness for myself...

1 Comments:

Love the Psalm 34 passage and the part about radiant faces and NO shame! Amen to that. May you sense Him shining big-time through you today, friend! Thanks for helping me find your blog.

hugs

By Blogger martha, at February 01, 2006 5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home