Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Week in Review

Wow. Can’t believe over a week has gone by since my last post! Since Friday last week, life has been full! For those of you who care to know what this gal’s been up to, here are a few highlights:

Babypalooza
Spent last weekend with some old college gal pals celebrating the upcoming arrival of Baby Girl Barton by throwing a baby shower. Boy, did she make out on the gifts! Got to see the baby’s room. Cute, huh? So delightful, I wanted to move into the room myself! It was a refreshing weekend hanging out with old friends. Some good times and laughs were had by all.


Two Days by the Toilet
No need to go into any elaboration here, but somehow ended up with the stomach stuff that has been making the rounds to start the week off! Not fun.

Auntie Training
Wanting to serve some ministry colleagues who lost a family member this week, I hung out with their 3-year old for the day along with some of the gals I meet with on Thursdays. Personally, I figured it’d be some good prep for me since becoming a first-time aunt is just around the corner as well as just a fun change of pace for the gals. We watched Lord of the Beans – HA-larious!! Never seen it before. Then we hit McDonald’s for the playland and the $1 Happy Meal. (Evidently Thursdays are Happy Meal Thursdays. This was knew news to me. Spread the word.) And, we made some attempts to stay in potty training mode. I had no idea how consuming potty training is! I’m not sure how many times I asked this poor child about his bathroom needs! Sure hope he’s not permanently scarred. I think out of 10 attempts, we made 2 of them. And, boy, did we party!

Chinese for Dinner
Then last night I hung out with these same ministry colleagues and helped to entertain a group of Chinese students who are here briefly for a cultural exchange. We made personal pizzas – very fun idea to do with international students, by the way – practiced English, and played with Hudson. Hudson was the huge hit of the evening. At one point he had all the students on the floor around his parent’s wedding album and was explaining the pictures in his best Hudson-ese. Very entertaining way to spend a Friday evening.

2 Comments:

You're back!! Yippee! What to talk this weekend? Let's catch up...

By Blogger Jill Pole, at February 11, 2006 12:10 PM  

That would actually be "want" to talk...ahhh - the joys of proofreading!

By Blogger Jill Pole, at February 11, 2006 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home