Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

New Scenery

Have I told you how much I love the laptop life? Am currently settling in for a little blog time (catching up on my favorite blogs) in Santa Fe, New Mexico. One of my best friends and I have had an absolutely lovely day romping about downtown Santa Fe. For lunch I took her to my favorite Thai restaurant on the edge of the Plaza. Then we did some shopping at some of our favorites – Ann Taylor, J. Crew, White House Black Market. Now we’re both soaking up the local atmosphere in a little café away from the heavy Plaza traffic – Ecco Espresso & Gelato. It is delightful. She’s leafing through wedding magazines; I’m spending some quality time with Laptop. (Have I mentioned that Laptop and I are in a relationship? We’ve hardly had a moment to ourselves all week!)

In any case, I’m enjoying the scenery from a new corner of the world.

6 Comments:

My childhood included a couple of family trips to Santa Fe. I loved going to the art museums there. We stayed at the LaFonda Hotel. Is it still there?

By Blogger alethea, at March 15, 2006 8:46 AM  

Art museums--after all these years I still haven't made it to the Georgia O'Keefe museum.

I do believe the LaFonda Hotel is still here...

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at March 15, 2006 6:12 PM  

LaFonda hotel...hee hee hee

By Blogger Heather, at March 15, 2006 8:32 PM  

2 1/2 DAYS!!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

By Blogger Jill Pole, at March 15, 2006 9:03 PM  

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya'! Tomorrow!!

By Blogger Jill Pole, at March 17, 2006 3:07 PM  

Correnta,
LaFonda Hotel...didn't even occur to me at the time I wrote it! Ha-larious. Maybe the hotel was inspiration for her character?

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at March 17, 2006 9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home