Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Ain't No Mountain High Enough


Well, after sitting yesterday through an hour delay on the first leg of my flight only to be transferred from one airline to another airline after it was determined that that delay would force me to miss my connection, only to wait out another hour long layover in the rerouted connecting city, I finally arrived in Fort Lauderdale where my niece welcomed me at the airport!

Today Erin Sophia and Aunt Blythe were able to shoo the others out of the house while we had a little coffee talk (She watched in fascination. I drank. But, I spoke of the importance of the coffee. I figure this instruction must begin early.) Other than that, we have mostly just spent our time sleeping, eating, burping and pooping (uh, that would be her, not me).

It has been a most fantastic way to spend a day.


5 Comments:

What an adorable little neice you have and she looks absolutely fab decked out in her very schnazzy outfit. Way to go, aunty!

By Blogger Miss Haynie, at April 14, 2006 4:31 PM  

Erin says, "Why,thank you." (Actually, she's licking her lips. But, I think that means, "Thank you.) :-)

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at April 14, 2006 5:40 PM  

She is so sweet. Aren't babies just the essence of everything beautiful? I'm so glad she gets coffee time with Auntie B.

By Blogger alethea, at April 14, 2006 5:58 PM  

you can never start too early with the coffee talk. she will thank you for many years to come.

By Blogger Rick, at April 14, 2006 11:31 PM  

Yes, that's what I'm hoping. However, my sister very quickly told my niece that the closest she'd ever come to coffee was the smell. Oh, the wounds! *sigh* Oh, well. You can bet when little Erin gets around Aunt Blythe there will always be much coffee talk.

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at April 15, 2006 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home