Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Shared Dream

I feel like I’m living off of an entire week of dream energy. In a number of conversations this week I’ve found myself excitedly sharing this little silly dream. It’s at the point that I’ve avoided posting anything on my blog because it feels a little out of control. I mean, I keep telling everyone and I’m going to have to step out and actually pursue this!!!

So, here’s a little piece of the dream for all you kind people who peek in on my blog and have been mildly curious: Anywhere you go for coffee in my little corner of the world on just about any given day, you can find college students literally covering any of these small coffee spaces from wall to wall. On a number of occasions when I’ve wanted to sit in one of my favorite places, their invasion has put me onto an hour long quest moving from coffee shop to coffee shop. In these times, I bemoan the fact that my little town couldn’t hurt from about a dozen more such fine establishments!

It’s out of this seeming frustration that I began to think “coffee house monstrosity” rather than add one more small, quaint coffee house to the community. So, a large part of my coffee house dream has a much larger scale. I know that “small” is the primary appeal to the coffee house popularity which is why I’ve been a little hesitant about pursuing it. But after tossing it out to some of my favorite college students, many think it would be an easy sell…especially since it’s a coffee house with college students as its target: there’s free wifi; a place to print out and make copies; a place to display and sell art; a discount for any who have a current student id, etc. While there’s more to the scope of it (i.e. some ideas about how it could be a ministry), for now that’s all I’m willing to share. Just call me a little overprotective my dream baby…

I have to admit, the other day, I did poke around one particular building I’ve had my eye on for some time now that’s for sale/lease. I even took some pictures, relishing a little longer in the possibilities. Who knows what will happen with all this dreaming, you know? It’s been such a regular part of my thoughts these past few days, I even find myself asking the Lord to cross my path with interested parties and resources if He wants to do this. I’m excited to see what He will do…even if it’s just shaping my heart to be willing to dream openly with Him once again – a road I’ve not let myself travel down for some time…

2 Comments:

Your glimpse of things to come reminded me of my favorite coffehouse. It has a slightly different target audience and doesn't have copiers/printers, but the idea is largely the same.

www.roasting.com

By Blogger The Bearded, at April 07, 2006 4:58 PM  

Thanks for the link. VERY cool and inspiring website. I really enjoyed the travel log. Made me think about some of my own travels to similar parts of the world.

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at April 08, 2006 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home