Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

snow...Snow...SNOW!

Last night I spent some good quality time with some dear friends. It was really good to be able to share deeply from our hearts, the struggles we’re going through, the joys our hearts are embracing, and where we find God in the midst of all of it. It was interesting to note that despite the fact that our journeys have encountered different obstacles along the way, we both found that we needed to keep our eyes on the Lord and who He says He rather limit our vision to our circumstances. Our God is not too small, you know?

Somewhere around midnight I left my friends’ house. What a surprise to step outside into SNOW! While we were inside chatting over nice cups of hot tea, my little corner of the world was being pelted with sleet and a dusting of snow. What a surprise after such a warm winter – 2 days ago it was in the upper 60s! This morning I’m enjoying the backyard view of white. Supposedly there’s more to come later on today. I adore cold days like this! Such a perfect excuse for curling up on the couch with a mug of hot coffee and a good book or movie. Yeah, God! Thanks for the snow!!!

2 Comments:

Yes, I love the snow. Give me winter over summer anytime...

It's been weird weather in my corner of the world too. 2 nights ago it went from spring-like rain and thunderstorms to a true winter white out snow storm. Kinda freaky for these parts.

By Blogger Eaglewing, at February 18, 2006 3:38 PM  

i want pictures to prove it!! :-) my blog has them from jena so time to trade photos...

By Blogger martha, at February 18, 2006 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home