Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

This calls for some disciplinary action...

New Fun Coffee Mug #56 has been banished to the dirty dishes side of the sink today.

Today I was spending some extended time with the Lord. I was going through my normal routine of settling into my chair and ottoman and I sat Fun Coffee Mug #56 (filled with freshly brewed HOT coffee) on the arm. I would just like to add, every fun coffee mug has same privilege and has never had any problem sitting demurely by my side. Fun Coffee Mug #56, however, was not so diffident. Just as I settled in and neatly tucked my favorite lap blanket around me, Fun Coffee Mug #56 dumped entire contents of HOT coffee down the left side of my arm and leg.

Hmmfph.

Fun Coffee Mug #56 can sit in the dirty dishes side of the sink and think about what she’s done.

4 Comments:

Wait a tick. Here I thought the coffee addiction was something else - but you actually have a numbered system for your coffee mugs?!

How does that work? Chronologically? By Fun Factor? By Size?

Oh, and the spilled coffee wasn't HOT or something, was it? ;-) Btw, there was this invention a while back - called it a coffee table - works great for balance and puts petulent coffee mugs into the lower spillage percentile. This has been a public service announcement :)

By Blogger Eaglewing, at February 26, 2006 3:41 PM  

just HI-LA-RI-OUS! I laughed.

hugs

By Blogger martha, at February 26, 2006 6:24 PM  

You are SO funny! (and I hope not seriously burned!) Ahhhh - those recalcitrant mugs. Will they ever learn?

By Blogger Jill Pole, at February 26, 2006 9:04 PM  

Recalcitrant...good word. Must use that in a sentence today. Do you think it's weird that I'm so atuned to the sin issues of inanimate objects??? :-)

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at February 27, 2006 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home