Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

7 Things--Tagged

Hey! I’ve been tagged by Rick at Mmm…That’s Good Coffee. (Copy these seven things into your post, answer them, and then tag 7 others.)

Seven things to do before I die:
1) Go on an actual vacation.
2) Be a published author.
3) See as much of the world as I can.
4) Own a coffee shop.
5) My checkbook.
6) Own a car whose year is in the same decade I actually live in.
7) Fall in love.

Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1) Dance
2) Watch any movie that has live, talking (yes, moving their mouths) animals kind of movies. Creeps me out.
3) Math in my head.
4) Touch my nose with my tongue.
5) Watch Kevin Costner movies.
6) Go back to junior high. (Thank You, Lord!)
7) Get married before I’m 30.

Seven Things That Attract Me to My Mate:
(Uh, Blythe here. For us singles…seven things that you’re looking for in mate, I guess.)
1) Major heart relationship with Jesus!
2) Heart to serve the Lord and doing it in some capacity.
3) Laughs with me, at me (when appropriate!), and makes me laugh.
4) Adventurous heart and willing to take some risks.
5) Good teeth.
6) Not finicky – will eat whatever I cook (and believe me, he LOVES to eat what I cook!)
7) Looks uncannily like Brad Paisley. I know, I can’t believe it either!

Seven Things I Say:
1) Do you understand what I’m saying?
2) Does that make sense?
3) Hey gal.
4) Ha-larious.
5) No waaay!
6) That’s crazy.
7) For shizzle. (Not really. I just couldn’t think of another one.)

Seven People Tagged:
1) Jill
2) Alethea
3) Joy Hennin
4) Correnta
5) Eaglewing
6) Susanne
7) Sista Louisa

4 Comments:

Tagged ya back!
http://eaglesroost.blogspot.com/2006/02/seven-things-tagged.html

So, not a fan of Mr. Ed, eh? I thought Costner was very good in Bull Durham and For Love of the Game, but outside of baseball movies his record is a little spotty.

Good teeth? I'm guessing Austin Powers isn't in the rolodex...

Btw, Brad Paisley's latest single with Dolly Parton just went to #1.

By Blogger Eaglewing, at February 24, 2006 4:18 AM  

No Mr. Ed!! Uck. Just thinking about it sends shivers up and down my spine.

Costner CAN'T act. Period. I could do better than him.

Awww...Brad. Smile. My friend Jill, her mother and I went to a concert of years ago -- right before he married Kimberly. I shamelessly tried to throw myself at him in an attempt to woo him away from Kimmie. Alas, it didn't work...

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at February 24, 2006 7:51 AM  

wait wait - costner was good as "jake" in "silverado".

By Blogger Rick, at February 24, 2006 11:09 AM  

Well, I must admit I wouldn't know if Costner was any good in Silverado...I have a strict anti-Costner movie stance. :-)

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at February 24, 2006 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home