Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Scene from a Coffee Shop

Man just walked into coffeehouse sporting fanny pack. (Again, I ask, Stacy and Clinton, where are you???)

Same man just ordered a mocha with a shot of salmonella.

No, wait. That was some vanilla.

The things you hear when you're only half listening.

2 Comments:

Heh, funny...reminds me of the old joke of going to McDonalds for a Big Mac - and do you want a side order of salmonella or botulism with that?

A dude with a fanny pack ordering a mocha with a shot of vanilla - that's just wrong on so many levels...

On another tangent, I can't drink coffee so I don't know much about that particular milieu, but whatever happened to walking into a place and ordering a plain old regular cup of bad tasting, 40 pound motor oil coffee? Nowadays it seems people have to decide about shots of this, foams of that, toppings and optional sun roof...

Hmmm, I just re-read that. This is why I shouldn't post comments when I'm on no sleep :)

By Blogger Eaglewing, at February 23, 2006 5:42 PM  

Yes--Fanny Pack Mocha Man was a disturbing sight to behold. To his credit, he was an out-of-towner...also overheard him asking for directions to the airport.

To follow up your tangent...one should NEVER order a "bad tasting, 40-pound motor oil coffee." Your talkin' old school Folgers. Even straight black coffee must be palatable...

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at February 23, 2006 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home