Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Worship Moment

I know I've mentioned a number of times that my life is getting ready to change. I hate being vague and soon I'll be able to share a little more of what that involves. In the interim, I feel the need to share that the feelings surrounding this change are at times sad and frustrating as much as they are exciting and hopeful. Lately I have found myself a little more caught up in the saddness of it and a little bit concerned about what the outcome looks like. The other day as I offered this to the Lord, He shared something with me from Deuteronomy 11:8-12:
Keep every command I am giving you today, so that you may have the strength to cross into and possess the land you are to inherit, and so that you may live long in the land the LORD swore to your fathers to give them and their descendants, a land flowing with milk and honey. For the land you are entering to possess is not like the land of Egypt, from which you have come, where you sowed your seed and irrigated by hand as in a vegetable garden. But the land you are entering to possess is a land of mountains and valleys, watered by rain from the sky. It is a land the LORD your God cares for. He is always watching over it from the beginning to the end of the year.
I found myself encouraged by these words. It seems that the Lord is reminding me that He is not only good and is able to provide for me, but He can provide well. I don't need to fret about the outcome. He's the One leading me along this road. This morning in my time with Jesus I was reminded of some lyrics from the Sheryl Crow song, Diamond Road. I know it sounds like a funny thing to say that worship came from it, but her words truly expressed to Jesus my heart and the sometimes aches it's prone to lately. And, as much as this expressed my heart to Him, I was even more sure I could hear Him speaking words back, "Don't miss the diamonds along this road, Blythe. Keep the eyes of your heart on Me. I'm trailblazing this road."