Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

The Coffee House Conspiracy Theory

I have long held the controversial and dangerous belief that there is a conspiracy among coffee shop owners -- once you have sat and enjoyed your perfect cup of coffee and have sat in some cozy establishment's corner for at least an hour and a half, they pull the “Freeze Out.” This is where they point the ac blower directly over you with blasts that could give any native of the South Pole frost bite.

I am sitting currently at one such coffee house. While I won’t mention any names, I will say you can probably find them on my linkage to the right….

Bitt-rrrrr.

6 Comments:

Yes. Freezing. They want us to leave...but we will stay. Oh yes, we will stay. Brawhahaha!!!!

By Blogger Jill Pole, at March 21, 2006 2:10 PM  

As a former resident of the South Pole I don't think you know what you are talking about. Bring on the penguins!

By Blogger The Bearded, at March 22, 2006 3:04 PM  

the bearded,
Okay, so I won't argue with the native South Polian! But it really FELT pretty frigid! :-) You've lived in the South Pole? Now that's impressive! Did you see real live penguins up close?

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at March 22, 2006 5:10 PM  

I got to your blog through a mutual friend's blog, Melody. I was just wondering what campus you're at in OK. I graduated from OU and was apart of the BSU there. You've got great insights. I like reading your posts :)

By Blogger Miss Haynie, at March 24, 2006 3:35 AM  

Kat!
This is your favorite, curly headed (sometimes straight haired) blonde campus minister!! :-) Sometimes called Stormie. Figure it out???

I LOVE that you're reading my blog! How fun! I'll check yours out. Going to hit the road back to Oklahoma with a stop to Mel here in a few minutes.

Hope you're doing well, friend!

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at March 24, 2006 1:53 PM  

You are HIlarious! I had no idea! I LOVE Your blog. I should have figured it out with all the media stuff. You're a really good writer! And really, nine are just musings...nothing more!

Love you!
Kat

By Blogger Miss Haynie, at March 24, 2006 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home