Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Just some random thoughts...

So, I’ve spent the last five hours cleaning out some more junk (will it EVer end?) as I’m trying to make sure I have thoroughly gone through everything for an upcoming garage sale I’m going to have in a couple of weekends. I am still mystified as to how I one human being can accumulate so much! It’s times like these that I’m glad for TV on DVD and Amy Sherman-Palladino. Yes, Gilmore Girls is running even as I type. Lane is currently dying her hair purple.

But I digress. Previous paragraph is not why I sat down here to blog.

Tonight I came across a box of old journals dating all the way back to my freshman year in college. I spent some time leafing through some of them…some of it was quite comical. It’s funny to me what occupies the mind of 19-year old girl…and I was one. But it was fun to be reminded of some of the journey. I came across a quote that I recorded my sophomore year after reading something by Elisabeth Elliot and I thought how it was a very timely thought for me right now where I’m at…
…waiting on God requires willingness to bear uncertainty, to carry within oneself the unanswered question, lifting the heart to God about it whenever it intrudes upon one’s thoughts. It’s easy to talk oneself into a decision that has no permanence – easier sometimes than to wait patiently.
Waiting on God. It is the eternal posture of our hearts, isn’t it? Waiting for Him to speak, lead, provide, inspire. Over the last six months I think I’ve felt waiting like I never have before. Not that I haven’t ever waited for a lengthy time on God before, but this time there has been a weight to the wait, you know?

Earlier today I was up at the office finalizing some things and noticed a note to me on our LoveLines Board. (This is a place that students will often write notes of encouragement to other students.) This particular student gave me courage and it was something that I needed to hear today:
“…You show a lot of faith stepping out into the unknown for the next stage of your life…through you I have seen what God can do and that is uplifting…it has been a blessing to listen to you when I was able to, and the [campus org] is losing a real treasure next fall. May God continually show Himself to you in new ways!”
I was and am deeply blessed by those words. As I wrap up what has been the first significant part of my adulthood, it was good to be reminded that while the circumstances and scenery might change along the journey, a couple things won’t…trusting and waiting upon God and investing in people.

It will be fun to see how that takes shape in this next season…

1 Comments:

I really hope you do end up writing a book...I love reading your thoughts.

When are you having a garage sale? I was hoping to have one before I moved but no such luck...do you need help and/or would you be willing to let me sell some stuff with yours? I have tons of stuff I need to get rid of before Dan and I move away from Norman next year...either way is cool.

LOVE YOu!

By Blogger Amyzing, at May 31, 2006 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home