Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

West Wing Quiz Revisted

My new TV on DVD fettish has been the West Wing. So far I am well into Season 2 and am really enjoying it. (I hear shouts of elation and a definite "I told you so" coming from a living room to the state north of me.)

While I'm drawn into the writing (again, creepy murmurs of glee) I love how the characters are drawn. I seriously can't think of which character I love the most. Sorkin does a great job of writing his characters with a warmth that endears each one of them to me in different ways.

Today as I was out running some errands I found myself wondering with which character I most identified. For some reason I kept thinking, "I think I'm kind of a Leo McGarry." I remembered my friend Jill posting this quiz awhile back and so I took it again since I now have a little more vested in the show.



As the captain of the Bartlet Administration's boat, the chief of staff is a work-a-holic. Although he is sometimes haunted by the demons of his past alcohol and drug abuse, because of his character and perserverance there is no one more admired on the staff than he.

:: Which West Wing character are you? ::


Blythe Lane, White House Chief of Staff. Good ring to it, no?

Well, the good news is it looks like I know what my next job should be!

3 Comments:

Yes!!!! (can you hear the glee???) I wonder what would happen if Joss and Aaron wrote a show? Would it collapse under the weight of the genius?

By Blogger Jill Pole, at May 31, 2006 11:36 PM  

Heh heh heh...would it collapse under the weight of genius? It sure might. Toss in Palladino and I think there might be certain television apocalypse...

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at June 01, 2006 8:31 AM  

The mind...can not hold...the thought...Palladino added to the mix. It's too much, the TV would explode with the genius. Life as we know it wouldn't be the same. :-) To make it even more overwhelming, add Rob Thomas (of Veronica Mars, not Matchbox 20.) :-) :-)

Did you see the Veronica Mars finale?? Wow. That's all I can say right now. Wow.

By Blogger Jill Pole, at June 01, 2006 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home