Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Two Pots of Coffee Kind of Morning

Okay, when I was grinding the beans for the second pot of coffee (don’t worry, I’m a half-caf gal so it was more like drinking one full pot of regular), I realized something new about my 32-year old self: I’m getting too old for anything that happens past 11pm.

I’ve mentioned this new obsession for House, M.D. Well, after I got home last night from a “catch up on life/planning for the upcoming semester” meeting with some ministry colleagues of mine, I decided I’d just watch a few minutes of the next episode of House. A few minutes turned into 2 episodes later and that meant it was 2:30am when I was turning off the lamp on my nightstand! The unfortunate thing for me is that that little internal clock still wakes up with the dawn. Ugh. You’d think working with college students I could have fooled that nasty internal ticker into operating on a different time zone. Very annoying.

1 Comments:

I know exactly what you mean!!!!!! I've turned into one of those crazy people who wakes up at 5:30 AM no matter when they go to sleep. It's very annoying! :-) :-)

By Blogger Jill Pole, at January 13, 2006 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home