Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Captain’s Log, Stardate 0321.06: To boldly watch shows I’ve never seen before…

Normally I’m not much of a sci-fi gal. My friend Jill Pole, however, is quite the aficionado. Since college, she’s done her best to introduce me to the cream of the crop science fiction and fantasy books and/or films that are currently capturing her attention…like the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. While I only got through WOT Doorstop #6, what little affinity I have for sci-fi is all due to her.

So over the course of the last two days, she’s had me testing the waters to see if I’d find some new loves. We finished the series of Firefly (I had actually started watching myself a year ago, had never finished it, and was currently finishing it through Netflix) and I finally got around to Serenity (Very bummed about Wash – Joss, “why, why, WHY???”); we watched the first episode of Stargate Atlantis and the Battlestar Galactica miniseries; and then, finished up with the first 6 epidsodes of season one of Smallville.

While Smallville was hands down my new current fav, I have to say that I think I’m willing to explore the others a little more to see if there’s a new series chemistry brewing…

3 Comments:

Ah, beloved friend -- soon you will meet Asimov, Phillip K. Dick, Doctor Who, Babylon 5, Honor Harrington, Miles Vorkosigan, and many many more. What worlds await...

By Blogger Jill Pole, at March 21, 2006 3:04 PM  

Kavorkian-what?

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at March 21, 2006 3:08 PM  

Oh Blythe, I have been plunged deep into the scifi world of my daughter and I'm lovin' it. Be brave, she is a great leader and won't steer you wrong! Sandie

By Blogger Sandie, at March 28, 2006 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home