Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

What a Glorious Day

It may be rainy and overcast in my little corner of the world, but I'm just a little bit giddy -- after days of hauling, cleaning and sorting, Stage One of Spring Cleaning Maddness is complete. Yesterday I hauled all of this junk to the curb for our bi-annual large trash pickup today.

Of course, two hours later, I peeked out from one of my windows as some local dumpster divers parked their van and trailer bed by my curb and explored my trash. Evidently they decided that they couldn't live without the defunct lawnmower and the rusted out grill. I guess the old saying always rings true: One man's trash is another man's treasure!

Again, this morning I looked out and it was a thrilling feeling to see it all gone! While there's still several more stages to go, I'm relishing in this newfound freedom of "stuff."

1 Comments:

You go, girl! I applaude your diligence!

By Blogger Sandie, at April 30, 2006 9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home