Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Extreme Blog Makeover

My dear friend M.K. Lindsey made a spontaneous trip down to my little corner of the world just to hang out for the last 24 hours. It was a lovely weekend of chatting, good food, and coffee at my favorite local coffee place.

But probably what most consumed our attentions was playing around with our blogs. She has wanted for some time to learn how to customize her blog. Some of her vision for her blog sounded like something I've been seeing from the Typepad blogs I read so we perused them for ideas. I even have ended up setting up a trial version to play around with because there are certain elements about Typepad I'm liking. It's a bit different than Blogger. (If I can get it figured out somewhat, I'll throw the link up and let you take a peek and give me some feedback.)

In anycase, most of our evening last night was spent at my kitchen table in front of the laptop. (Sidebar: It actually reminded me of another time we sat together in front of the computer. Remember the eHarmony questionnaire, M.K.? After 2 hours of sitting through the most grueling personality questionnaire, I hit the search button to find new matches only to receive this message: "Unfortunately you're one of the 20% we have no matches for." Somehow, I always knew. And yet, it was so freeing to have a computer finally break the news.)

But enough about me.

It was a most delightful way to spend an evening. I taught her what little I've picked up over the last several months -- including copying a pasting a backup copy of a template in Word before making changes! After playing around with her current template, she became braver than I've been -- she decided she wanted to change her template. Now, I had heard that in doing so you might run the risk of losing everything. I wasn't so confident. But she moved into the unknown with a laugh and a click...and gave her old blog an extreme blog makeover.

1 Comments:

The e-harmony story is pretty funny. 20% is a high percentage to not have a match. Really. I think they could do better.....

By Blogger Seasonal Learner, at June 19, 2006 10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home