Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Lake House

Last night I went with a friend to see The Lake House. I don’t care what the critics are saying; I really enjoyed it primarily because it wasn’t the same formulaic romance. Most romance movies today are based a little more in the here and now. Despite the fact that everything is neatly wrapped up within 2 hours and boy and girl have sufficiently gotten together, we could believe that the story unfolding before us might possibly happen.

But The Lake House depends entirely upon a true suspension of disbelief due to a time travel type plot line. I like that. I actually have to suspend disbelief and step into my imagination. There’s something about wildly depending upon my imagination that is entirely satisfying. In any case, if you enjoy a good romance every now and then and are tired of the conventional, run of the mill ways of telling them, I highly recommend The Lake House.

2 Comments:

Saw it this afternoon. Like it a lot. Yes, it requires much more suspension of disbelief...but I enjoyed falling into the story.

By Blogger Jill Pole, at June 17, 2006 8:40 PM  

Cool. Can't wait to talk about it!

By Blogger Blythe Lane, at June 18, 2006 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home