Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Addictions and Other Cool Stuff

Thinking about my insane coffeehouse addiction got me thinking about why I generally feel energized during and after time there. I think the addiction lies in what generally comes out of the environment. Today for instance, before my first appointment with a gal, I spent time with Jesus. He spoke some truth to my heart that just deeply encouraged me. During the other times with different gals today, conversation ensued and life – Real Life – was exchanged between each of us. That looked different in each conversation, but in talking with each other, Jesus was a part of the conversation and I’m positive each one of us walked away closer to Christ. (Okay, so maybe my interpretation of the facts, but I’ve no doubt Jesus was there!)

Anyway, in pondering the day and just how loved I feel by Jesus, I just realized how so much of the atmosphere I’m addicted to contributes to the exchange of Life. For some reason, it’s an atmosphere that invites us to see Jesus in each person’s story. That, for me is like a drug – once it gets in your bloodstream you just can’t live without it!