Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Back in the Groove

Well, it’s back to the lifestyle of the campus minister! Since Tuesday, I’ve been trying to reestablish my footing some although it is kind of like riding a bike…except it’d be way cooler with a little bell and funky basket on the front!

It seems that within the last two days, my life is beginning to get scheduled for me as I look at our semester calendar. By the time I start filling in the time gaps with one-on-one meetings with different gals, I’m not always left with the most convenient time slots for me. Today as I looked at my schedule, I began to feel that tug. You know, the one that’s sung to the tune of much whining, “But what about me?” Ever feel that way? These last few days I’ve found myself very aware of my selfishness. Aack. I hate seeing those attitudes and expectations in my heart. Very unpleasant stuff.

And then tonight as I was driving to our team meeting, I realized that I felt overwhelmingly tired. (There’s something about going from crazy hectic schedule, to hermit woman, and then back to a set schedule that’s kind of exhausting!) I just wasn’t sure where I was going to scrounge up some extra energy to welcome students back and help cast vision for the upcoming semester. Most of the car ride found me praying for strength, energy, and the ability to listen well into students’ lives. It turns out He reminded me during that time that tired was exactly where I needed to be – after all, in my tiredness He gets to prove His strength. And on top of that, without Him, I’m nothing. How I needed to be reminded of that going into this semester!

I heard someone say once that if you want to have a ministry it will cost you your time, your money and your convenience. It’s really true. It costs something. Ministry is life. It’s not compartmentalized. It’s not something I whip out when I feel like it or wait until I have all my relational resources in place in order to engage with others. All of ministry is all of me. Something I definitely need to wrap my heart and head around!!

Well, I’ve rambled long enough. Just wanted to send these thoughts out into that great cyber void. Time for this tired chick to wrap this up and head to bed – nearly 11pm, you know.

1 Comments:

I hope you got a great night's sleep! I'm headed there myself. What's the word on Chicago?? Love ya!

By Blogger Jill Pole, at January 18, 2006 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home