Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The 180 Day

Do you ever have those days where you expect to live the day like any other day and then without any warning your entire life does a complete 180 degree turn in the opposite direction?

It could be that the 180 Day is a fabulous surprise, a day in which you feel entirely caught off guard by the events that evolve. Or it could be that the 180 Day offers you a new question to consider, revealing something alarmingly new about yourself and the ramifications of which you’re not entirely sure how to process. Or it could be that the 180 Day exposes you to something extremely painful, the hurt particularly numbing but offers with it an expectant hope?

Today is one of those days.

My 180 Day is unexpected, painful, surreal, and hopeful all at the same time. As I sit here trying to process the unexpected, I sense the Lord’s peace and pleasure all at the same time…words from Zephaniah 3:17 were offered before the 180 Day began:
“The LORD your God is among you, a warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will bring [you] quietness with His love. He will delight in you with shouts of joy."
And then since the 180 moment, words from Psalm 84:
"Happy are the people whose strength is in You, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baca [tears], they make it a source of springwater; even the autumn rain will cover it with blessings. They go from strength to strength; each appears before God in Zion…For the LORD God is a sun and shield. The LORD gives grace and glory; He does not withhold the good from those who live with integrity" (6-7, 11).
I am so thankful that the God I know, while not safe, is deeply good. It is good to know that a 180 Day for me is not so for Him! He is not caught off guard by the twists and turns of my journey…rather He leads me through it with every bit of boldness, love and care. He is my Warrior King and will deliver me to Zion. I am so glad to follow a King who knows me well and knows the plans He has for me.

4 Comments:

I'm excited for you! God's got something fabulous... Amy and I love you and are praying for you.

By Blogger Dan, at January 24, 2006 1:23 PM  

You are loved! I am sad but excited at the same time. It is so encouraging to hear how you cling to the Lord in hard times. I am here if you need me. LOVE LOVE!

By Blogger Amyzing, at January 24, 2006 1:41 PM  

Hi Anne (Blythe),

I'm praying that your 180 day will be an awesome turn in the road. That our Father is pushing you into the next phase of your life and that it's beautiful. (I would also love it if He leads you up here to me!!) :-) :-) Shake the red Oklahoma dust off your feet and head up North! :-) :-)

Love,
Your Diana (Jill)

By Blogger Jill Pole, at January 24, 2006 2:40 PM  

wow, what a heart that follows God. even in this situation, you are showing an obediant, loving heart that reflects God's glory. it is times like this you see the nature of people's hearts, and is see Jesus in you. i love you and am praying for wonderful, great things to happen. i cannot wait to see how this day looks in hindsight.

By Blogger Holly, at January 25, 2006 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home