Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday Stroll Through My Little Corner of the World

Saturday’s are not really that eventful but since you’re new to my little corner, I thought I’d share a few highlights:

Living the Vida Laptop
It has always been a dream of mine to own a laptop. And today I officially introduced Laptop to Borders. It was fairly uneventful other than the near fight I had to keep her out of over a wall outlet. I had no idea that other laptop owners were so territorial! Learn something new everyday. I think I’m going to start traveling with one of those wall outlet extender thingys. That way we can all be happy.

Things That Make You Panic…
I wore a brand new pair of jeans today. In the middle of Borders had the sinking realization that I didn’t wash them before I wore them. This thought hit me when I felt some shortness of breath and became a little light-headed.

Wait a minute. What was that pang? I sure hope it’s not internal bleeding. Or kidney failure.

No, wait. It’s gone.

Well, it happened on House.

First thing I’m doing when I get home is wash these jeans.

And they say you can’t learn anything on episodic TV.

Age-Inappropriate Jeans Citing
In the parking lot at Borders I saw a woman in her late 30s wearing a pair of jeans I’m sure she bought in the juniors department at JCPenneys – they had Mickey Mouse appliquéd on the upper thigh. From then on I was distracted – kept expecting Stacy and Clinton to pop out of hiding behind some bookshelf.

Either my toaster’s broken or it just copped a ‘tude
I was toasting a piece of toast for dinner and when it was done, the toaster flipped the toast up into the air and it conveniently landed in the no-man’s land crack between my counter and the refrigerator – do you have any idea what lives there??

So, not wanting to jump to any quick conclusions and extend a little grace, I popped another piece of bread in. It came out the normal way.

How rude.

And, oh yes, House, M.D. has a new Home
Just call me “Sucker.”

1 Comments:

YOU ARE FUNNY!!!!!!!! Need...more...laughs! Post more of your humor!

By Blogger Jill Pole, at February 18, 2006 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home