Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

I need ink! Stat!

This morning I ran out of ink for my favorite pen. Had to use a stand-in – Pilot G2. My time with Jesus just wasn’t the same. Over the last 14 years of walking with Jesus, I’ve just come to believe that the most spiritual conversations happen when 5 things are in place:
  • the “fun mug” filled with coffee (if you need clarification on what actually qualifies as a fun mug, please drop me a line)
  • my Tornado Retro51 pen (not only sleek and stylish, but best loved for its smooth ink flow)
  • my leather journal (because it has the correct line width and the binding allows for just the right way of opening sans spiral)
  • my oversized chair and ottoman (because it allows for the best conversational seating)
  • silence and solitude (it’s the best way to hear Jesus)

Yeah, I’m a little quirky.

5 Comments:

Tragedy! (hear that with an ABBA-esque tune) :-) I went to the website and am longing for a Tornado Soft Touch in "River." What a pretty pen... :-) :-)

By Blogger Jill Pole, at January 19, 2006 7:51 PM  

Ah-hem (clearing throat sound)...Pilot G2 is my pen of choice. That Tornado Retro51 pen must be AMAZING!

By Blogger alethea, at January 19, 2006 8:05 PM  

i am so there - got to have the right utensils.

By Blogger Rick, at January 19, 2006 8:12 PM  

pen cult.

By Blogger Dan, at January 20, 2006 12:13 AM  

Maybe I don't get the pen thing because I have never tried it...but I hear you never go back. Hmmm.

By Blogger Amyzing, at January 20, 2006 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home