Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Over the last several months this has become a space where I have been able to sit down on this journey, pour a cup of coffee and sort through the pieces of my heart. As well, it has caused me to remember the value and place of laughter in my life as much as my need to communicate. And, it has become a place of community and rest during a time when my soul has been most desperate for it. Welcome to my little corner of the world. Read on and offer your own thoughts if you like.

Monday, January 16, 2006

The Bowl Championship Series – Hollywood Style

It’s gearing up for my favorite time of year outside of college football season – entertainment award season. The Golden Globes are up first tonight and while I’ll be sitting in front of my TV, I must say, along the television noms line I’m a little disappointed. Michael Ausiello of TV Guide summed my own thoughts up nicely:
“My reaction to this year's Golden Globe nominations ran the usual gamut. I laughed (My Name Is Earl! The Office! Grey's Anatomy!), I cried (Where's Lauren Graham? And Veronica Mars? And Battlestar Galactica?) and, yes, I hurled (five nominations for Desperate Housewives?). And then I did what any self-respecting awards-show junkie would do: I started handicapping.”
Exactly. Respectable applause to Ausiello from my little corner of the world.

1 Comments:

I'm watching them as I write this -- Whoo Hoo!!! Hugh Laurie just won!!! Yippee! Isn't his accent lovely?

By Blogger Jill Pole, at January 16, 2006 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home